10 mm purple satin headband
7 yards of hot pink tulle, cut into 11 strips of 22 inches
Bright blue felt flower
18 inches of hot pink 5/8 inch ribbon
Hot glue gun (If your flower is not self-adhesive)
- Put the headband on the table in front of you and fold 1 piece of tulle in half.
- Lay the folded tulle over the headband with the loop towards the center and the loose ends pointing out.
- Wrap the loose ends of the tulle around the headband and pull up through the loop. Pull the tulle nice and snug against the headband. Repeat with all the other tulle strips, keeping them pushed tightly together. (This helps the “troll hair” be puffier!)
- Gather the loose ends of the tulle together, about 6-8 inches above the headband, and tie on the ribbon in a pretty bow. Fluff the tulle a little so it looks like troll hair.
- Take your bright blue flower and glue it on just above the headband. Poppy has several flowers in her hair, but we thought 1 still looked super cute!
What a fun trolls headbands to make with your daughter! You can get everything you need for this project from my website. Keep up with the newest products and craft ideas on my website!
Check out my next blog post, which is How to Make a Sailor Hair Bow
Or this is another great tutorial on how to make a pinwheel hair bow.